Occupational Hygiene Posts

HSE Get Ready for Brexit - REACH

Updated: Jan 9

If you make, supply or use chemicals in your business there are things you might need to do to be ready for Brexit.

If you are a small business that uses chemicals, you need to make sure you can still get the products and materials you need. Check with others in your supply chain that they are aware of the changes, so they are ready to comply with specific regulations after Brexit.

HSE has important information on classifying, labelling and packaging chemicals and how to get authorisation for the use of biocidal substances and products to assist you with your preparations for Brexit. You can also find guidance on pesticides and plant protection products as well as importing and exporting chemicals:

Biocides Authorisation of biocidal substances and products (BPR)

CLP Classification, labelling and packaging of substances and chemicals

PIC Export and import of hazardous chemicals from and into Europe

PPP Pesticides or Plant Protection Products

All UK businesses who make chemicals, supply them to the EU or buy them from EU suppliers will need to register their chemicals at a new UK government portal under new legislation called #UK REACH (Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals).

It’s also important to remember your responsibilities for protecting the health and safety of your workers will not change after Brexit.

Sign-up for more information on how Brexit might affect your business or for specific enquiries contact EU-exitchemicals@hse.gov.uk


Meridian Environmental Consultants Ltd (MEC)

Knox House


North Yorkshire


01423 549 629

T: +44 (0)1423 549629

E: enquiries@meridianenvironmental.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales

Company Number 12010551

VAT Number GB 326 1569 04

Join us

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
BOHS logo.png
Royal Marines 2.jpg

Copyright © 2019 Meridian Environmental Consultants Ltd (MEC)